Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A Rainbow-bridge

"Call me to lie down in fragrance" ~ D Margoshes ~ Season of Lilac


Sunny afternoons

when I sat in your warmth

tracing the picture of a red apple

its nascent curves, remnants

of baked memories  


Fresh earth washed by raindrops  

Each the size of a teaspoon

Full of your wise words

That I missed in my hurry to find a place

Under a grey sky raining needles

 

Green possibilities

When I can cup the glow of fireflies

And listen to the ditties of the cuckoo

Taste the tartness of the grapefruit you once peeled

And walk, with you, along the colours of the rainbow-bridge    

    

~ Written in response to the dVerse Prompt: Poetics: Beginning at the End by Laura Bloomsbury

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Dear Preeth, this is a lucious field full of lovely frangrance, colors and possibilities. I like the red apples and green fireflies. Vivid writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so poignant. I love the way you used the prompt. It speaks to me of missed opportunities, of missing the things we disregarded at the time. The middle stanza is particularly powerful for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your generous words and comment. Tried to connect memories and fragrance, mostly of childhood and growing up.

      Delete
  3. This is so bitter-sweet... when the memory is something we cannot really leave we have to dwell in it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always a scent to remember. Lovely, Preeth!

    ReplyDelete