Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Mars Confusion

I try to introduce my two year old to the beauty of outer space – the star spangled night sky, the constellations and a telescope. I read out a book called ‘There’s no Place like Space’.

He gapes with wonder at the ‘Cat in the Hat’- our official space guide and laughs at the turn of each page because the words end in a rhyme.   And then I talk about astronauts, comets, meteorites, the Uranus and its satellites and he listens to the roll of the tongue with each new addition to his vocabulary.

Today morning, when we are going through the months of the year, he starts with January, moves onto February and progresses to March and then changes track to ‘Jupiter’. March and Mars must sound very familiar to his toddler ears.

If only I could take him to the planetarium and sort out his confusion… My list of to-do tasks in a post-COVID-free world grows longer each day.



Word prompt : https://ragtagcommunity.wordpress.com/2020/08/11/rdp-tuesday-space/



2 comments: