Saturday, June 15, 2019

My toddler baby Krishna

Time flies. On second thought, no time does not fly, it travels at a speed faster than light. Why I say this is because, one year and one month ago, my son Krishna was born. Change (the dear companion of time) has blitzkrieg-ed its way into every aspect of our lives, in a good, happy sort of way.

So let me introduce you to my son, Krishna. Krishna is quite a heap of relentless energy, on a constant mission to have an adventure exploring everything that lies(and does not lie) on his path,as he traverses on his sojourns around the house. Krishna would have beaten a baby version of Usain Bolt, hands down in a hundred metre crawling competition. Any day,any time! And when he tires of crawling, he rests awhile, smiling around at onlookers.

As soon as he wakes up, like a dutiful student, he voluntarily revises all that he has picked up in his babyhood till now. He points at the fan and utters a 'du' His attention shifts quickly from the fan to the light, followed by the double barrel gun that is hung on the wall and the chair that rests against the wall - all recognised with the monosyllabic 'du'.

"No, that is not 'du' - that is light, here is a gun and that is a chair," I try to correct him. He smiles a wide toothless grin and says "du" again. Sometimes, he even ventures on to say ' dhat' or 'dhish' ! All this happens within the first five minutes of his waking up, until he hears the approaching footsteps of my parents or my husband. He then peers eagerly in the hope that he will be carried around on a VIP tour to the terrace where he usually gets to greet his little birdie friends flying overhead.

One thing I have noticed is that Krishna has great fascination for birds. We once went for a walk in the park, when Krishna suddenly raised his hand in excitement, forefinger pointed upward. I looked up at the sky and saw a lone eagle swooping down. ‘Du’ he said with glee. ‘Yes! Eagle!’ I said, but he was in no mood to listen, for he said 'du' once again, this time to alert me about a group of parrots tearing through the sky, in great hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment